As we draw closer to the end of the year, I must say I’ve had a pretty good year. Finally deciding Public Relations is the industry I want to pursue my career in, having an awesome internship at Yahoo!, graduating from school and having won a PR student award. Not too bad
So everyone’s been posting what their predictions are. You can see a collaborated post by Jason Falls on what the predictions are here.
My humble predictions are these:
1) Traditional Newspapers will go digital, ditch their current business model of subscription fees and incorporate applications to accommodate citizen journalism into their day to day production.
2) Mobile to play a vital role in Asia as reduced budgets mean companies start looking for cheaper advertising mediums to reach out to consumers
3) ROI for social media to be worked out across different regions with industry benchmarks being set by industry players and having it worked down to a science (Especially the relationship between ROI and reputation)
So that’s all i have for predictions. However, for resolutions, this is what i hope to accomplish
1)GET A JOB!!
2) Exercise 2-3 times a week (and do the marathon 2009 and not skip it like this year, lol)
3) Walk Remzy 3-4 times a week (Been walking him at irregular times, not too good for the big boy)
4) Learn Yoga(I’m really inflexible, back problems don’t help too)
5) Learn Spanish (All i can remember is Hola! Como se yamas? See, I’m that bad…)
6) Travel (4 to 6 are all done with Vivian)
So there you go!! What’re your predictionsand resolutions for 2009? Do share! Happy new year!